How is your year structured?
Our Dance year runs longer than most studios, 36 weeks from September to the mid June with no classes Thanksgiving, Good Friday, Family Day/teachers’ convention or Victoria Day holiday weekends. We will be closed for a two week break during the Christmas break, and one week for Easter break are scheduled.
How big are your classes?
Classes sizes vary depending on the dancers age and level. Careful consideration is taken to ensure that each child receives proper instruction.
What should my child wear to class?
Each dance class has different dress requirements for the comfort and safety of your child. Please ensure that your child has the required attire and hair for each class. See Dance Attire.
Is there a performance at the end of the year?
Yes! Each year Heart To Sole Danceworks Plus puts on a year end show celebrating the accomplishments of our dancers. Videos and Tickets go on sale in May.
What if my child has a medical condition?
Upon registration you are required to advise us (space given on the registration form) of any medical condition that our staff and teachers should be made aware of. We encourage direct communication with your child’s teacher if there are any important details/special procedures they need to be aware of.
Are there exams or evaluations during the year?
At this time formal examinations are available for some ballet students.
Can I watch my child’s class?
Parents are invited to watch their children dance through the viewing windows or on our set parent viewing dates during the year, Please keep an eye out for parent viewing dates in our monthly newsletters and on our website calendar.
What if my child misses a class?
In order for your child to get the most out of their class, it is important that students attend class each week. However, if your child is sick, please contact the office via telephone or email and we will advise the teacher. If you are planning to be away, please advise the teacher and/or the office of specific dates and reason for absence.
What if my child is not enjoying class?
We will do our best to find a class that works better to meet the needs of the student. Should that not work out, we have a cancellation policy in place. 30 day written notice dated the first of the month is required.
Policies & Expections
- Monthly fees can be made by post-dated cheque (made payable to Heart to Sole Danceworks) or pre-authorized credit card (visa or mastercard).
- All other expenses can be paid by cash, cheque, debit, visa or mastercard.
- Registration fees, September and June fees are due at the time of registration. These fees are non-refundable once registration has been accepted.
- A $50.00 non-refundable costume deposit/class will be invoiced and is payable by October 15th. Payment arrangements can be made at the time of registration with the front desk.
- All NSF cheques and returned payments will be subject to a $25.00 administration fee.
- A 10% Family Discount will be offered for families with more than 1 (one) child registered. The lesser of the fees will be discounted.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- One month’s written notice (email or letter) dated the first of the upcoming month is required when withdrawing from a class. No refunds will be given after February 1st of the current dance year.
- All refunds will be charged a $25.00 administration fee.
- Due to predetermined class sizes and for the benefit of all dancers, there will be no make-up classes for missed classes.
Parent and Dancer Expectations
- All parents and dancers will behave in a professional, respectful and morally acceptable manner while at the studio or in attendance of any studio function.
- Dancers are expected to arrive ready and focused for all classes. Proper dancewear and hair should be worn to all classes.
- Please keep sick and contagious dancers at home (chronic coughing/runny nose, fever, stomach viruses or symptoms). Students not fit for class will be sent home.
- Classes run on a 10 month commitment and are scheduled from September to June. Please take this into consideration when registering your child for dance classes.
- Due to scheduling, dance instructors are unable to have parent meetings during class time.